Remarkably, the Hamptons have escaped the drastic heatwave afflicting so much of the country this year. The weather has been in the 70s & low 80s for the most part, but even the ocean waters are warm enough to swim. We have even seen whales feeding off of Main and Egypt beaches. What a treat!
And, so far, the COVID-19 positivity rate remains low in the area.
However, with the onslaught of the Delta – and now the Lambda – Variants, we have deemed it prudent to restrict availability for adults (16 years and over) to guests who are fully vaccinated and able to provide proof in advance of arrival. For families traveling with unvaccinated children (under 16) we request that you contact our GM, Kenny Berglas, prior to booking to determine if we have suitable accommodations available.
Our staff, and most of the local businesses, are fully vaccinated but we still require masks indoors for all guests and staff. We have never relaxed our policies – we have just made them better! We wish to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
To that end, we have continued to follow strict COVID procedures:
- Check-in balances will be run the evening prior to your arrival.
- For Late Arrivals, we have lock boxes available and will give you instructions for accessing your room
- Both staff and guests will have their temperature taken when entering the inn, and will be required to wear masks in all common areas inside and whenever unable to maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more outdoors
- Breakfast will continue to be packed picnic-style and delivered to you at a time of your choice between 8:30 am and 11:00 am. Reservations and orders should be placed the night before in order to assure timely delivery. You are free to enjoy your picnic in your room, in our lush gardens, or at the beach. (The MHI Dining Room will not be open until further notice.)
- Our famous ‘Nack Bar will not be stocked during the pandemic but we will have water, coffee, ice tea and fresh-baked cookies, local chips, fruit and other treats available for you on request
- We have Beach Chairs, Umbrellas and Coolers of Ice to take with you to the beach – of course they will be cleaned before and after each use
- Our housekeepers will be constantly sanitizing all frequently touched surfaces in the common space of the inn
- Daily housekeeping is available in your room if requested in advance. Please let us know a window of at least 2 hours when you will be out of the room. Or, if you prefer not to have anyone enter your room, please contact the front desk and we will bring you fresh towels and take away the old ones and your garbage (garbage bags are provided).
- All rooms will be deep-cleaned, and all towels and linens – including blankets, pillow protectors and duvet covers – will be cleaned in hot water and sanitizer between each guest stay
The villages and hamlets of the East End are open for business and pleasure:
- Many local Restaurants are still offering Take-Out and Outdoor Dining alternatives, as well as limited Indoor Seating. Please ask our Personal Assistants for the latest updates. They are happy to make reservations for you
- Grocery and Liquor Stores are open and taking appropriate precautions to keep both shoppers and staff safe
- Wineries, Breweries, and local Distilleries are open and many have beautiful outdoor seating. Wölffer Estate has a Rosé Drive-Through!
- Farms and Farmers’ Markets are filled with fresh local produce and the berries are ripe!
- Museums, Galleries, and Theaters, which have been offering remarkable online programming since the shutdown began, are now welcoming you indoors – please wear masks if requested
- Drive-In and outdoor movies are popping up all over the Hamptons
- Boutiques and Salons are open – please wear masks if requested
- and even some Gala Events and Concerts have returned this season!
- We have East Hampton Village and Town Beach Parking Permits for our guests. Dogs are welcome on the Village Beaches before 9am and after 6pm, but all day at the Town Beaches – including the less crowded bay and harbor beaches which are great for small children, too
Let our Personal Assistants help you plan the perfect escape – the perfect dinner (at your favorite restaurant, on your deck, or at the beach) – the perfect hike or bicycle ride – a day on the water? Let us arrange for a boat rental, fishing trip or a sunset cruise… Or just relax with a good book on our front porch, in our rose garden, or on a chaise in our backyard patio… (We have a fabulous selection from Bedside Reading for you – and you can take the books home with you if life here is too hectic!)
So give us a call at 631-324-9766 or Book Direct Online to take advantage of our Multi-Night & Last-Minute Specials – Only Available if you Book Direct!
We can’t wait to welcome you home!
Sylvia, Gary, Kenny, and all the staff at the Mill House Inn