In between the holidays – everywhere you go, every article, ad or blog – everyone is pressuring you to shop, shop, shop. And even if you make a decision to be a real Scrooge this year, and refrain from giving any gifts, there is so much pressure on you this season.
So why not shift your perspective, and think about holiday pampering instead? Whether for yourself or someone you love – what about a holiday wellness escape to The Hamptons?
Give a call or drop a line to our Personal Assistants and they will take care of everything!
- Of course you will get a great night’s sleep in one of our unbelievably comfortable beds.
- Relax in your Serenity Airbath or steam shower for two.
- Our soaps and lotions form Gilchrist & Soames’ Essential Elements collection are all environmentally friendly – they call it “Responsible Luxury!” We call them ‘exquisite!’
- Breakfast in bed? Only the best for you! It all tastes sinfully delicious but everything is made with the freshest, purest ingredients.
- We offer fresh squeezed juices and J’s 7-stage reverse osmosis – uv – re-mineralized – alkaline water, which is filtered and bottled in-house.
- Even our array of teas and coffees are sustainably grown, curated with respect and prepared just for you with love.
Then after breakfast – what should you do?
I highly recommend a walk on the beach in any season. Just breathe in the fresh ocean air and stretch your arms and legs – see if you can fly against the wind – run in the sand with your dogs and your kids – laugh and sing to the wonder of it all!
Want a little heavier exercise after breakfast?
- We have gym passes for our guests at the Hamptons Gym Corp. Their East Hampton Gym, @ 2 Fithian Lane 631-324-5825, is just a short walk from the inn. After undergoing a major renovation in 2016, this gym is a pleasure to work out in, with all the latest equipment, lots of space and good lighting. Plus, the Bulldog Logo is really cool. Buy yourself a tee shirt!
For a Spin Class, East Hampton offers both Soulcycle and Flywheel.
- Soulcycle, @ 68 Newtown Lane, 631-324-6600, is walking distance from the inn. (It was also founded by one of our neighbors – now that was a really good idea!) With great instructors, open year-round on weekends (with classes all week through the Christmas/New Years holidays!), Soulcycle makes it really hard to avoid a good workout!
- Flywheel, @ 65 Montauk Highway, 631-329-8622, is a short drive from the inn and offers both Stadium Cycling and Precision Training. With a quick glance, it would appear they are closed for the winter, but they advise you to check back every Sunday evening at 5:00 pm for the latest class schedules.
Need a Massage after all that strenuous exercise? We can make arrangements for a massage (or two) in your suite or a bit farther afield.
- Naturopathica Healing Arts Center and Spa: Located in the Red Horse Market complex @ 74 Montauk Highway 631-329-2525, a short drive from the inn, Naturopathica is our go-to place for their signature facials, massage and body treatments and aromatherapy rituals inspired by traditional remedies from around the world. Naturopathica East Hampton is a founding member of the Green Spa Network and has been featured in the New York Times, Vogue.com, Organic Spa Magazine, and Hamptons Magazine. “We seek to inspire healthy lifestyles with products and rituals that put the pleasure, warmth and simplicity back into caring for yourself.” Barbara Close, founder, herbalist and Esthetician. Barbara was named ‘Brand Founder Winner’ of American Spa’s 2018 Women in Wellness Awards
If Yoga is your thing, we have several choices for you. In the summer, various venues offer yoga on the beach or in the vines, but that sounds a bit chilly this time of year.
- The Body Shop, @ 26 Newtown Lane behind Eileen Fisher 631-324-6440, has been part of the East Hampton community since 1977. In a beautiful, light-filled space they offer classes in yoga, fitness, Pilates, dance and T’ai Chi. The Body Shop is open year-round, though you might want to call ahead as some classes may be ‘on hold’ until there is enough demand for a class. ‘Namaste (I honor that in you which is also in me) represents the spirit of the Body Shop.’ Patia – Partner & Yoga Instructor. “The studio is a beautiful space in which I feel secure, happy, refreshed and fortunate. The atmosphere of support and caring created by Patia continues among her students as well.” Harriet – Student.
- Elements Fitness Studio, @ 68 Newtown Lane # 6, 631-604-5445, is a boutique health and wellness brand, focusing on redefining Barre, Dance, Yoga and Stretch as total-body Fusion workouts. Based on her years as a professional Dancer, Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor and coupled with her research in anatomy, kinesiology, and movement science, founder Andrea Fornarola Hunsberger has developed a unique and customized fitness formula designed to strengthen and tone the body.
And if you really want a full day immersion in pampering, it is worth a trip to Montauk!
- Gurney’s Montauk, @ 290 Old Montauk Highway 631-668-2345, is the only year-round resort on the Atlantic Ocean beach in Montauk. Their acclaimed spa is renowned for its healing treatments and ocean-fed seawater pool – the only pool of its kind in North America. The pool uses water that has been drawn from the ocean right outside the floor-to-ceiling windows, sand-filtered, and warmed to the perfect temperature for relaxation and exercise. Don’t forget your goggles! The Spa also offers a Finnish Rock Sauna and a Russian Steam Room, to be followed by an aquatic massage in their Swiss shower. And follow that with Craft Cocktails in their Regent Cocktail Club with sweeping ocean views. Please let us arrange a car and driver for you – after a full day of this (throw in a massage too, while you are at it) I assume you will be too relaxed to want to drive back to East Hampton!
- Also of interest in Montauk – The Montauk Salt Cave @ 552 West Lake Drive 631-668-7258. Salt therapy treatment is a unique form of alternative healing that is said to help with relief from respiratory ailments, while also giving you a great sense of peace and serenity. Built as a cave made of Himalayan salt rocks, you are surrounded each time you join for a 45-minute session. Sitting in a zero gravity chair, your only requirement is to lay back, relax and breathe! No babysitter? Bring the children for a custom session, allowing for the whole family to experience health and well-being together!