The world has sort of turned upside down for cold brew coffee in the last few years.
What was once a rare (and sometimes expensive) treat found only in select cafes, can now be had in your local market, bottled, and ready to drink.
Or, you can go another way … come visit us, and let J (our General Manager) make you a glass you’ll never forget.
Until you can get here, he wanted to give you his own recipe to try at home. I think you’re going to like it.
Take it away, J …
P.S. If you haven’t gotten to know J, you can get started with the “Captain of Caffeine” right here.
J’s Mill House Inn Cold Brew Coffee
Our Mix of Baby’s Coffee Beans:
- ¼ Last Legal High
- ¼ Hemingway
- ¼ Sexpresso
- ¼ Voodoo Queen
Flavor Options: Substitute Baby’s Pecan, Hazelnut or Vanilla for Voodoo.
Grind: As large as possible
‘Not Brewed Brewing’ Day One
- Place 8oz (8 regular coffee scoops) of ‘Baby’s Coffee Mix’ in a 1L press pot
- Fill to cover with cold filtered water
- Stir for 30 seconds
- Cover & store for 24 hours at room temp in a cool location
‘Not Brewed Brewing’ Day Two
- Uncover & stir for 30 seconds
- Pour off the coffee utilizing the press pot screen
- Strain a second time with a gold foil filter or cheese cloth
‘Not Brewed Brewing’ Serving & Storing
- Serving Cold: Mix 1-part Cold Brew concentrate with an equal amount of H2O, add ice, milk and sugar as desired and shake, not stir. Pour into a frozen glass with fresh ice, a shot of Napoleon Brandy is optional.
- Serving Hot: Mix 1-part Cold Brew concentrate with an equal amount of H2O, microwave to desired temperature.
- XXX: Please store in glass and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Very Important Public Service Message …
Remember, J’s Mill House Inn Cold Brew Coffee is a concentrate. Please mix with H20 when drinking or excessive caffeine in the bloodstream may cause any number of undesirable effects.
I hope this recipe serves you well, and I’d love to serve you a glass from the source, anytime you’re in town.