A gleaming fireplace, a warm inviting bar, and sophisticated candle-lit ambiance draw you into this most unlikely of locations. Not in one of the East End Villages, but just on the outskirts of East Hampton Village – Highway Restaurant & Bar has succeeded where many have perished.
A totally new interior in 2015 certainly has contributed but that is just the beginning of the story. Excellent food & beverage, as well as exceptional service, have shown that the ‘location-location’ adage is not always the exact recipe for a restaurant’s success!
It is heart-warming to see that the delightful food of East End Alum Chef Justin Finney, and the hospitality of General Manager Julie Berger, and a first-rate beverage program have triumphed for the past five seasons. Cheers to those that chose a different path to success!
HR&B serves up the best of the East End year-round – always looking to the local farmers, fishermen, and food artisans.
This approach requires a Chef committed to their food and willing to change their menu on a daily basis to align with availability. Chef Finney manages to maintain the standards and bring the innovative to his dining room. There is something to please even the most exacting guest and ‘simple’ is a word this Chef simply gets. Food need not be complicated to achieve excellence.
On another note, a kitchen that is not fearful of – but embraces – a menu that features New American, Asian flavors, Italian influences is… well let’s just say that moving from chicken pot pie to Thai Night is impressive! A dedicated Chef and Brigade must work exceptionally hard to accomplish this triumph.
This is my favorite local eatery regardless of the location,
Lagniappe – A little bit more about HR&B
- Shuko NYC The acclaimed Japanese omakase and kaiseki restaurant, is offering beachgoers a unique dining experience at Highway Restaurant & Bar, Weekends Memorial Day – Labor Day.
- Guests can reserve a spot at the Chef’s Counter during three nightly seatings or indulge in the dining room where bento boxes come in two sizes.
- Once a month in the off-season Chef Finney travels to NYC to forage ingredients for an amazing evening of Thai Cuisine.
- Monday Evenings feature the winter comfort food of Chicken Pot Pie
- HR&B is part of a restaurant group along with Shuko, 11 Madison Park and The Nomad
- The NY Times was betting on Highway to succeed in 2015
- Edible East End champions Asian Night at Highway
- Have a look at Hamptons Monthly [P.72] for a profile on Chef Justin Finney
Highway Restaurant & Bar
New American Cuisine
Local Food Global Influences
Reservations Available 1 Month in advance
290 Montauk HWY East Hampton NY 11937
You can also find Highway at Facebook & Instagram