'Your South Fork Thanksgiving Turkey Adventure’
- Balsam Farms you eat their veggies at MHI
- North Sea Farms for more veggies & great turkeys
- MUSHROOMS from OMO Open Minded Organics in Bridgehampton for Coquille St Jacques!
- Amber Waves Farm & The Amagansett Farmers Market - that's where the flour for our pancakes is grown and milled.
- Hard to find on the internet Dayton Farms at Hardscrabble on the corner of Stephen Hands Path and Route 114 is worth a visit.
- 15 varietal blend . 198 cases . delicious 2017 . better 2027
- hand harvested . stomped by foot . hand punched . racked neutral oak . twenty months . bottled by gravity
- deep ruby red . black raspberry . cherry . black plum . dark bramble . spice . purple flowers
A little something extra just because… Our very own... Alec Baldwin has a bit to say about farming on the East End. Alec speaks to Scott Chaskey of Quail Hill Farms. To quote Alec about Scott: ‘Farmer, poet, and pioneer of the community farming movement, Scott Chaskey is the kind of progressive thinker that doesn't come around often.' The Peconic Land Trustalso chimes in about this Amagansett CSA and features the documentary ‘Out Here in the Fields' by Alec Hirschfeld.
BTW.. Here’s The Thing on WNYC hosted by Alec Baldwin is our favorite podcast: entertaining, intelligent and Alec’s is simply the best voice on the net!
That's all for now… Enjoy your week, eat local-good food, drink great-wine… & make time for music!