OK, many of us come to the beach to escape the hustle and bustle. But don’t you occasionally want to get dressed up and sip cocktails and see and be seen amongst all the pretty people – all for a great cause – of course!
Well, Summer is Gala Season in the Hamptons!
Garden Club of East Hampton Annual Garden Party
Fri, May 24, 2019 6:00 PM-8:00 PM $50
Plant Sale on Sat, May 25, 2019 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Mulford Farm, 10 James Lane, East Hampton 212-355-2611
- The Garden Club of East Hampton kicks off the summer season with its annual Garden Party & Silent Auction. Attendees will have an early buying opportunity on an extraordinary selection of annuals, perennials, herbs, geraniums and lavish orchid arrangements. Come bid on an extensive list of Silent Auction items including golf packages from the East End’s most exclusive clubs, vacation homes and much more!
LongHouse Reserve Salon on the Lawn
Saturday May 25th @ 5:00 – 7:00 pm $50+
133 Hands Creek Road, East Hampton (631) 329-3568
- The LongHouse Council is excited to present this year’s Salon on the Lawn, co-hosted by the Keyes Gallery of Sag Harbor. The evening will feature an auction of one-of-a-kind artist decorated serving bowls, live music, cocktails and light bites
ARF Designer Show House & Sale
ARF Thrift & Treasure Shop, 17 Poxabogue Lane Sagaponack 631-537-0400
Sat, May 25, 20195:00 PM-8:00 PM $150
- Join the Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons for the 2019 ARF Designer Show House & Sale. The Show House vignettes are inspired and arranged by our guest designers from ARF Thrift Shop donations and the designers’ personal collections. The Show House begins on Saturday, May 25, at 5:00pm with a Benefactor’s Preview Party, followed by a cocktail party at 6:00pm. The Show House is open to the public on Sunday & Monday, May 26 & 27 for a suggested donation of $10.
LGBT Network’s Annual Summer Kick-Off
Sat, May 25, 20196:00 PM-8:30 PM $250 – $375
Bridgehampton Surf and Tennis Club, 231 Mid Ocean Drive, Bridgehampton 516-323-0011
- Join the LGBT Network for a swank seaside soirée to benefit the LGBT Network’s Hamptons Center in Sag Harbor. Enjoy lite bites, stunning ocean views, specialty cocktails, and an extensive silent auction. Proceeds from the evening are earmarked for the LGBT Network’s Hamptons Center, which provides life-saving programs and services for the LGBT community and their supporters on the East End.
Southampton Cultural Center – 4th Annual Gala: An Evening of Wine & Roses
Sat, May 25, 2019 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM $125 – $250
A Private Estate, Captains Neck Lane, Southampton
- Southampton Cultural Center’s 4th Annual Gala: An Evening of Wine & Roses. Join us for sumptuous food, wine, cocktails, live entertainment, live and silent auctions
3rd Annual Dan’s Rosé Soirée
Sunday, May 26th – 6 to 8:30 pm
Southampton Arts Center in Southampton, 25 Jobs Lane, Southampton
General Admission starts at $145 for 6 pm to 8:30 pm. VIP starts at $199.50 and includes admission to VIP After Party from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm – *must be 21+ to attend.
- Toast the start of your 2019 summer season in The Hamptons in style as we raise many a rosy-hued glass to the official libation of summer: rosé. More than 30 rosé wines from the East End and around the world, craft cocktails and perfectly paired culinary delights from top chefs will all be flowing as The Hamptons kicks of another wine-loving summer in our corner of paradise. Amid all the drinking and eating, guests will also stroll the beautiful galleries of the Southampton Arts Center and dance the night away! Nobody ever wants a great party to end, so we’ll keep the celebration rolling at the official Rose After Dark VIP After Party presented by Whispering Angel, featuring live ’80s and ’90s music by the ultimate party band, The Ronald Reagans get ready for Dueling Decades plus exclusive wine pours, cocktails, and tasty treats provided by North Fork Chocolate Company, Shock Ice Cream and more.
SOFO-EHSEED Reception and Fundraiser
Sun, May 26, 2019 1:00 PM-3:00 PM $75
Bay Kitchen Bar, Gann Road, East Hampton 631-537-9735
- SOFO & East Hampton Shellfish Education & Enhancement Directive (EHSEED) Reception and Fundraiser – Hors d’oeuvres and oysters on the half shell will be served along with local beer and wine. Your support will benefit East Hampton’s Oyster Garden Initiative, a program that educates the community about the importance of oysters in our ecosystem and oysters as a sustainable food source. Tours of the nearby shellfish nursery will also be offered.
The First Annual Illuminator Awards Celebration
Sun, May 26, 20195:00 PM-7:00 AM $30
Southampton Cultural Center, Levitas Center for the Arts, 25 Pond Lane, Southampton 631.276.7798
- Southampton Cultural Center Presents The First Annual Illuminator Awards Celebration In Collaboration with childHELPparternship. The Illuminator Award recipient, author/celebrity, Richard Pryor Jr. will be reading excerpts and answering questions from his highly acclaimed book “In a Pryor Life.” The East End Youth Quartet will open the event with a special performance in recognition of Mr. Pryor’s spirit and courage.
10th Annual Southampton House Tour “Insider’s View”
Sat, Jun 01, 2019 1:00 PM-4:00 PM $145 ($125 Advance Purchase)
Thomas Halsey Homestead, 249 South Main Street in Southampton 631-283-2494
- Celebrating a milestone Tenth Anniversary, the Southampton History Museum’s Insider’s View House Tour offers a rare opportunity to pass beyond the hedges and through the doors of some of the most beautiful and historically significant homes in The Hamptons. A highlight of the summer season, the tour attracts out-of-towners as well as local residents who come to admire and draw inspiration from the interiors and gardens of residences ranging from stylish beachside cottages to grand estates. 12:00-1:30 pm Kick Off Toast at One Kings Lane on Jobs Lane 1:00-4:00 pm House Tour, Various locations around Southampton Village. 4:30-6:00 pm Champagne Reception at the Rogers Mansion.
27th Annual Decorators-Designers-Dealers Sale, Auctions and Cocktail Party Gala
Sat, Jun 01, 2019 5:00 PM-8:30 PM $250+
The Southampton Fresh Air Home, 36 Barkers Island Road, Southampton 632-283-5847
- This highly anticipated event to benefit the Southampton Fresh Air Fund, is the opening fundraising party of the summer season, and features our famous live, silent and wine auctions and an extraordinary home furnishings and antiques sale. The Auctions feature items from top names in fashion, jewelry, travel, fine dining, entertainment, sports, health and beauty. Priceless one-of-a-kind items include exotic vacations at private resorts, exclusive dining experiences with top chefs in beautiful homes, golf outings at some of the fabulous East End golf courses, photo shoots, and so much more! The Wine Auction will feature a selection of wines that could rival the best of any private collection. The fabulous furniture sale will feature choice and rare antiques, gently used and new home furnishings-designer furniture, lamps, paintings, framed prints, fabrics, decorative accessories and much, much more.
24th Annual All Against Abuse Benefit
Sat, Jun 08, 20196:30 PM-10:00 PM $500+
The Muses, 111 St Andrews Rd, Southampton (631) 369-4398
- Summer Benefit Gala for The Retreat – This year’s emcee will be Don Lemon, CNN News Anchor & Host of CNN Tonight. Don has publicly shared his story of abuse as a child, and been an advocate for victims of sexual assault. Auctioneer: CK Swett.
21st Annual Hetrick-Martin Institute School’s Out
Sat, Jun 08, 2019 6:00 PM-10:00 PM $400+
Amagansett Square, Amagansett 207-595-3414
- Hetrick-Martin Institute (HMI) is the nation’s oldest and largest LGBTQ youth service organization The event is co-chaired by Benjamin Dixon, Dan Ennis and Rod Grozier. Cocktails will be hosted at Amagansett Square from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM, with lite bites by Wölffer Kitchen, with an intimate dinner to follow nearby on Further Lane at the home of Joe Hall and Martin Dagata, with food and staffing provided by STK Steakhouse. Dinner will be served from 8:30 PM – 10:00 PM.
Guild Hall Benefit – Maidstone Club Golf Outing
Thursday June 13 @ 11:00 am – 8:00 pm $1,250 per player
50 Old Beach Lane in East Hampton 631-324-0806
- Golf at the historic, ocean-front Maidstone Club in East Hampton. Practice on the gorgeously maintained grounds while you work up an appetite for the delicious lunch served on the Clubhouse veranda overlooking one of the most beautiful ocean beaches in America. The shotgun tournament begins at 1 pm followed by cocktails, dinner, and an awards ceremony honoring the top tier golfers at the outing.
9th Annual Much Ado About Madoo Sunset Cocktail Party
Saturday, June 15th – 6 to 8 pm $300 Individuals – $250 Madoo members – $150 for under 35
618 Sagg Main Street in Sagaponack 631-537-8200
- Join us to celebrate our 25th year as a public garden with our Madoo Market from 10 am to 4 pm! Our garden cocktail party will feature a live auction presented by Jamie Niven with extraordinary lots to include works by Robert Dash, Clare Potter, Vladimir, Frances Palmer and, of course, chicken manure for your gardens! Join us for spectacular shopping at the Madoo Market with our favorite vendors, and great street food. On view in the summer studio will be the exhibition, Madoo in Photographs: Celebrating 25 Years as a Public Garden, curated by Perry Guillot. We can’t wait to see you!
4th Annual Barn Dance at Kilmore Farm
Sat, Jun 15, 2019 6:30 PM-10:30 PM $300, ($150 under 35)
Kilmore Farm, 15 Town Line Rd, Wainscott 631-324-5560
- The Eleanor Whitmore Early Childhood Center will hold their 4th Annual summer benefit at the beautiful Kilmore Farm in Wainscott. There will be live music and line dancing with the Roadhouse Band, delicious southern fare from Smokin’ Wolf, silent auction, raffles, and more! This year we are honoring alumni of the center with our “Seeds of Success” stories. Join us for rockin’ and stompin’ fun! Ticket price: $300/ticket, $150 for young professionals (under 35).
LUV IS IN THE AIR – Dinner & Dance in the Hamptons
June 15, 2019, 7 pm – 10 pm $250
Greek Orthodox Church of the Hamptons, 111 St. Andrews Road, Southhampton
- Help Us Share the Luv and highlight your business or favorite granologist. 100% of the proceeds will go to supporting Luv Michael’s mission to train, educate, and employ people with Autism.
19th Annual Midsummer Night Drinks
June 15, 2019 6:00 – 9:00 PM $500 +
Samuel Parrish House, Southampton 212.294.8100
- Midsummer Night Drinks has become one of the most anticipated events of the Hamptons season. Each year, some four hundred generous friends enjoy a memorable June evening of cocktails, music, and spectacular views, at a significant private home in the Hamptons. All funds raised allow God’s Love We Deliver to continue their important work providing nutrition therapy, cooking and home delivering medically tailored meals for people living with severe illness in the New York City metropolitan area. Midsummer Night Drinks is a great way to kick off the Hamptons “summer season” while supporting one of New York City’s most beloved charities. Please come join us for fun cocktails, tasty bites and great views!
3rd Hamptons Annual Heart Ball
Saturday, June 22nd – 6 pm 2 pm $600
Southampton Arts Center, Jobs Lane in Southampton 631.734.2804
- The Hamptons Heart Ball, is a fun and elegant event focused on raising funds for the mission of the American Heart Association. Friends and colleagues from NYC, Long Island and The Hamptons enjoy the beautiful setting of the Hamptons while eating delicious heart-healthy foods, drinking delightful local wines and having fun with the music and dancing. The evening will feature live music, cocktail hour, a seated dinner well as a live + silent auction will also highlight the night. New last year was the Crash the Ball After Party which takes place from 9:30 pm to 12:30 pm. After party will begin at 9:30 pm and tickets are $125.
Watermill Center – Jazz for Jennings 5
Sun, Jun 23, 2019 12:30 PM-4:00 PM $500
The Watermill Center, 39 Watermill Towd Road, Water Mill 917-741-6257
- Jazz for Jennings 2019 is a fabulous afternoon of food, wine and extraordinary jazz on the grounds of the glorious Watermill Center. Jazz for Jennings is named for the late legendary news anchor and honors his commitment to our community and, especially, the Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreational Center. The benefit, now in its fifth year, has raised critical funds to support The Center’s all-important educational, recreational and enrichment programs. “Jazz for Jennings is the reincarnation of Jazz at Jennings, the benefit for The Center that Peter and I hosted for many years at our home,” said Kayce Freed Jennings. “I know Peter would be thrilled that the tradition continues and that the community continues to support this vital gem in our midst and its mission of hope.” 2019 Jazz for Jennings Band Leader Evan Sherman is a 26 year- old drummer, bandleader, composer and arranger who has played all over the world with the likes of James Moody, Wynton Marsalis, Roy Hargrove, Cyrus Chestnut, Jimmy Heath (all 5 alumni of J@J or J4J), Jon Batiste and Dizzy Gillespie All-Stars.
- Join us for The Lyme Invitational at the Atlantic Golf Club to benefit The Regional Tick-Borne Disease Resource Center and the New Treatment Center at Southampton Hospital. More info to come! Please call 631-726-8700 ext 5 or email Christine.Cassamassino@stonybrookmedicine.edu for more information : )
Social Life Polo Match & Cocktail Party
Saturday, July 6th – 4 pm to 7 pm $175 – $360
900 Lumber Lane, Bridgehampton
- As guests enjoy the thrill of the polo match they will have access to an open bar paired with hors d’oeuvres and preferred seating. Drinks + hors d’oeuvres by Elegant Affairs in the Champagne Lounge. There is complimentary parking but we suggest taking Uber. Only 500 tickets will be available for each date, so please purchase your tickets today! Rain or shine.
2nd Annual Art and Nature Take Flight
Sat, Jun 29, 2019 4:00 PM-6:00 PM Free!
Bridge Gardens, 36 Mitchell Lane, Bridgehampton 631-283-3195
- The Peconic Land Trust will host its second birdhouse exhibition, featuring over 40 talented local artists! View, sip, snack, and bid on your favorite one – or more – created just for this event which benefits the Trust. Birdhouses will be on display until Saturday, August 17 when bidding will close and winners will be announced, so return often to check your bid! For a list of contributing artists and more information, visit www.PeconicLandTrust.org. Special thanks to Brian Kennedy of Fixhampton for constructing the birdhouses, and to Riverhead Building Supply for donating the materials.
13th Annual GET WILD Benefit For The Evelyn Alexander Wildlife Rescue Center
Saturday, June 29th – 5 to 7 pm $175 – $10,000
Little Orchard in Southampton 631-728-9453
- Evelyn Alexander Wildlife Rescue Center’s Mission is “To preserve & protect our region’s native wildlife by providing rehabilitation services and education to raise public awareness of the factors that threaten its abundance and diversity.” Meet some of our feathered and furry friends knowing that your donation makes a difference to the lives of the injured and orphaned wildlife that inhabit this region.
Dan’s Inaugural Chefs of The Hamptons for Guild Hall
Saturday, June 29th – 6:30 to 10 pm $500 Table of 8: $4,000 Table of 10: $5,000
Topping Rose House, Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike, Bridgehampton
- Topping Rose House provides the perfect setting for an historic gathering of The Hamptons’ most celebrated chefs, a once-in-a-lifetime evening of fine dining and fundraising for Guild Hall as Dan’s Hamptons Media presents the first ever Chefs of The Hamptons. There has never been this array of culinary talent gathered for such an event anywhere in The Hamptons, and guests will be dazzled. From the curated cocktail hour through the seated, multi-course pairing dinner and delicious desserts, an all-star lineup of chefs from the finest Hamptons kitchens will fill the night with locally sourced signature dishes matched with exceptional wines and craft cocktails. Honoree: Florence Fabricant, New York Times Food & Wine Writer and Guild Hall Trustee.
The above has been compiled with sincere thanks to 27East and Hamptons.com. I am sure I have missed some events and will certainly add them as I find them. Soon to come – July & August! In the meanwhile, keep a lookout for my weekly Newsletter and I will do my best to list what’s current.
I can’t wait to see you in your finest feathers and bows!