A Place to See and Be Seen
Citta Nuova translates as ‘New Town.’ In East Hampton speak that’s Newtown Lane – the center of the village’s shopping and restaurant district.
With a bar and dining room open to the sidewalk as well as outdoor cafe tables, Citta is the place to see and be seen. Nano doors open the entire front of the restaurant to the sidewalk allowing panoramic views in both directions. In and Out! For the moments when a bit of calm and quiet is needed after a busy Hamptons day, Citta also has a hidden patio in the back, just ask. The decor is authentic Milanese; the team behind designing and opening Citta logged the miles to Italy to assure that the food and decor were a perfect representation of Milan.
Much of the food tradition at Citta began with a chef we have mentioned before. Kevin Penner has been responsible for so much great food, especially in East Hampton Village. An overview of food at Citta Nuova. Making pasta in the Citta kitchen. Just a bit more.
The menu at Citta entertains in a traditional manner; it’s correct and to the point. There are many classics and always something new to taste. Simple food done very well, old names we associate with great flavor.
Calamari Fritti Polpette della Nonna [grandma’s meatballs] Grilled Octopus
Bucatini Orecchiette Milanese Pan Roasted Chicken Cittaburger
Pizza – handmade, wood roasted and ‘delizioso’
Lagniappe, Just a little bit more about Citta!
- Citta has something special happening on most weeknights, please give a call to confirm times & seasonality.
- $20.19 Night – Might just become $20.20 night very soon – I like the sound of it!
- Tuesday – Pizza Night, this may be everyone’s favorite.
- Wednesday – Steak Night
- Thursday – Pasta Night, this one is my favorite from a kitchen that truly gets pasta.
- Everything about Citta is not so brand new, one of the best reasons to visit this bar is to say hello to ‘JJ.’ His picture is on this page so you will feel like you know him when you say hi! JJ has been a fixture at this location since long before Citta was built, back in the early 1990s he tended bar at ’The Grill’ in this same location.
- We have recently spoken about the 1770 House and now Citta Nuova, East Hampton Point, and many years back there was Wei Fun – all substantial contributions to the East Hampton food scene. None of which would have possible without Ben & Bonnie Krupinski. Their contributions to East Hampton over the years have made it a better village to call our home. They will be fondly remembered, Godspeed.
See you at the bar for a Quartino of Chianti?
Authentic Trattoria Milanese
Outdoor Café & Wood Burning Pizza Oven
Lunch & Dinner Menus Pizza
No Reservations Necessary
29 Newtown Lane East Hampton NY 11937
Please Call – 631-324-6300
You can also find Citta Nuova at Facebook & Instagram & Zagats