Mill House Inn in Snow
So you always thought of the Hamptons as a summer resort for the beautiful people - maybe if you came out here, some of it might rub off on you . . .
But don’t worry - You are beautiful (and so is the East End) any time of year!
Last week we talked about February Festivals around the world. Today let’s take a look at what’s happening right here on the East End of Long Island in February and March.
Corry on the Beach
Valentines Day Specials
- ARF (Animal Rescue Fund) Sharing the Love Valentine’s Event, 124 Daniels Hole Road, East Hampton
- What better way to spend your afternoon than cuddling with some of the adoptable dogs at ARF? Even better, take one home!
- Friday February 15 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Call Melissa 631.537.0400 x203
- Valentine’s Day Special - Low Cost Vaccine and Microchip Clinic from 4:00 to 6:00 pm - FVRCP, DA2PP, Bordetella, Rabies and Microchipping for just $10 each!
- Ask our Personal Assistants or check out our Newsletter for restaurants we recommend to spice up your Valentine’s Dinner! Or just hang out in your suite with the one you love and eat Dark Chocolate . . . (It’s good for you!)
Borghese Vineyard Winter
Long Island Winterfest February 22 - March 24, 2019
Experience the magic of the East End in the Winter! From Wine Tastings to Vineyard Performances to Theatrical Performances and more . . . On both the South Fork and the North Fork.
- Winery Tours & Tastings
- Brewery Tours & Tastings
- Food Trucks
- Chocolate Pairings
- Coffee Tastings
- Cider Tastings
- Live Music
- Book Signings
- Farmers Markets
- Line Dancing
- Stay Tuned - event schedules and participating venues will be updated February 15th.
Sag Harbor - HarborFrost Fireworks
Sag Harbor HarborFrost 2019 Saturday February 23
- HarborFrost is a celebration of winter in Sag Harbor highlighting two extreme elements—fire and ice! Featuring live ice carving demonstrations, ice sculptures along Main Street, live music performances, indoor children’s activities, the Hysterical Society’s Culinary Stroll, and fire jugglers and dancers, there’s something for everyone! Spend the day shopping and dining in Sag Harbor—and end up with Fireworks by Grucci over the Frozen Harbor!
RJD Gallery - Natchez Belle by Jules Arthur - Rich in Black History
Black History Month
- Sylvester Manor Educational Farm, co-hosting with Eastville Community Historical Society, presents the 5th Annual Black History Month Celebration. This year’s program will explore the history of slavery on the East End of Long Island and the omission of that history from the founding narrative of the United States.
- Bay Street Theater, Sag Harbor, NY
- Sunday, February 24 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- RJD Gallery Bridgehampton NY - Rich in Black History Exhibition Opening and Celebration
- Our exhibition, "Rich in Black History" will feature four artists with a New World Consciousness: Jules Arthur, Stefanie Jackson, Harmonia Rosales and Phillip Thomas. Meet all the artists and enjoy a stimulating talk with Don Lemon moderated by Cristina Cuomo of Purist Magazine.
- Saturday February 23 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Mulford Farm East Hampton
Hamptons Arts Network Thaw Fest March 22 - 24 2019
Hamptons Arts Network (HAN) is a consortium of not-for-profit organizations working together to create a unified arts community of the Hamptons. Their goal is to promote collaboration, partnerships, and shared programming among its members. They also advocate for the arts in the area of economic development, tourism, and education.
Join us for ThawFest 2019!
- Garden Tours
- Chamber Music
- Decorative Arts Tour
- Film Screenings
Saint Patrick’s Day Parade: Montauk is the place to be March 24th, 2019!
- The second biggest parade in New York State (after NYC), with Marching Bands, Bagpipes, Floats, Clam Chowder, and more. The official end of winter in the Hamptons. The Clam Bar opens for the season. Not to be missed . . . Stay tuned for more!
But even if you just want to escape, and do nothing in particular, that's fine with us - maybe it will snow . . .
Snow in East Hampton NY
There is something so romantic about snow in East Hampton Village. You wake up in your suite at the Mill House Inn under a quilt of white down. The cars in the parking lot covered with snow, and that suits you just fine, every destination that comes to mind is just a pleasant walk away . . .
Breakfast is delivered in the privacy of your heavenly suite – Fresh Fruit, Eggnog Brioche French Toast, Lobster Frittata, so many choices – one of each? North Fork Roasting Company’s House Roast is the perfect cup of coffee for a morning spent lounging in bed.
When it’s finally time to venture outside you find yourself well prepared for a stroll through the snow-filled village. Sipping a hot chocolate-laced espresso, brewed just for you while your Personal Assistant reserved your movie tickets and secured your dinner reservations for the evening.
The swans “in residence” at Town Pond admire their reflections in the almost frozen water… while children await a deep freeze, ice skates in hand . . .
Then on to Main Beach. Straight ahead is the awe-inspiring Atlantic. Turn right or left and you can walk forever on frozen sand . . .
But now it’s time to turn around for a warming cocktail at Rowdy Hall before your movie… Later, it's a very short stroll from your suite to dinner at East Hampton Grill and then home to the Mill House - cozy in front of your fireplace with your new book.
Seems your car keys were turned in to lost and found, and someone swept off your car . . . Don’t you love a day lost to a dream of romance and snow?
Happy Valentines Day!