The Mill House Inn reopened after the Covid-19 Shutdown on July 1st, 2020.
We are so thrilled to welcome you home…
The weather, since summer began, has been everything summer is supposed to be, and now – with the advent of autumn, the nights are getting crisp and the stars are shining bright!
The Hamptons are in Phase 4 of New York State’s Reopening Plan:
- Many local restaurants are offering Take-Out, Outdoor Dining, and Limited Indoor Seating. Please ask us for the latest updates.
- Grocery and Liquor Stores are open and taking appropriate precautions to keep both shoppers and staff safe.
- Wineries are open for tastings and many have beautiful outdoor seating. Wölffer has a Rosé Drive-Through!
- Farms and Farmers’ Markets are filled with fresh produce and the apples are crisp, too!
- Museums and Galleries, which have been offering remarkable online programming since the shutdown began, are now opening their doors.
- Drive-In and outdoor movies have popped up all over the Hamptons. The Hamptons International Film Festival (October 8 through 14) is offering a full schedule both virtual and outdoors.
- Boutiques and Salons are now allowed to be open with safety proceedures and social distancing in place.
- We have East Hampton Village Beach Parking Permits for our guests during the summer season – dogs are welcome to frolic with you before 9am and after 6pm. After September 15th no beach parking permit is necessary and dogs are allowed on the beach all day! Please ask if you need doggie bags to help keep our beaches clean.
At the Mill House Inn, we have spent months cleaning, organizing, and creating new policies and protocols to keep our staff and guests healthy and happy!
- Check-in balances will be run on the evening prior to your arrival.
- Both staff and guests will have their temperature taken when entering the inn and will be required to wear masks in all common areas – except, of course, in the comfort of your own room or suite – and whenever unable to maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more outdoors.
- When checking in, please call from the parking lot or stop by the the front desk to have your temperature taken and collect your keys, check-in letter, and get directions to your room. We strive to have as little contact as posssible during the check-in and check-out process.
- Breakfast will be delivered picnic-style and left outside your door at a time of your choice (between 9 am and 11 am). Please call the front desk before 8pm to place your order and reserve your time slot for the following morning. You are free to enjoy your picnic in your room, in our lush gardens, or at the beach. The MHI Dining Room will not be open during this period.
- Our famous ‘Nack Bar will not be stocked during the pandemic but we will have water (sparkling or still), coffee, tea, cookies, popcorn, and maybe even some tasty treats available for you on request.
- We have Beach Chairs, Umbrellas, and Coolers of Ice to take with you to the beach – of course, they will be cleaned before and after each use.
- Our housekeepers will be constantly sanitizing all frequently touched surfaces in the common space of the inn.
- Daily housekeeping is not available in your room but we will gladly take your garbage and dirty towels from outside your door. Please let us know if you wish fresh sheets or towels. For longer stays, please contact the office to arrange for a time period when you will be out long enough for our staff to safely enter and tidy your room.
- All rooms will be deep-cleaned, and all towels and linens – including blankets, pillow protectors, and duvet covers – will be cleaned in hot water and sanitized between each guest stay.
Are you hoping to travel with your extended family or a group of friends with whom you feel safe? Looking for a week, a month, or even the entire season? If our Graybarn Cottage is already booked we have some other options for you:
- Consider taking all 3 Suites in the Back House: Suite 40, Suite 31 (which share a private porch and hallway), and Suite 32 (just upstairs) – Make all the noise you want and you will not disturb any other guests!
- Maybe the Rooms and Suites in the Main House: Suite 11 on the Ground Floor, Suite 12 and Room 4 & Room 5 on the 2nd Floor, and Room 7 & Room 8 on the 3rd Floor (or some combination thereof) – Take them all and your group can enjoy the MHI Dining Room as your very own since it will not otherwise be open during this period!
- Let us know what you are looking for and we will help you design the perfect refuge for you and your team.
Let us help you escape the city, or the feeling of being cooped up in your own home, however beautiful it may be!
See you at the beach!
Sylvia, Gary & Kenny