Finally, it feels like spring! Our world is green and the lilacs, double blooming cherry trees, and beach plum bushes are in full bloom!
Although this spring has been quite cool at the beach, there continue to be more and more sunny days and I, personally, have ventured to take off my shoes and dance in the sand. The dogs on the beach have no such inhibitions – they are just thrilled to be here – maybe even venturing into the water! (Don’t worry, we have hoses and beach towels available to clean them off when you get back to the inn…)
As always, we have the Village Beach Parking Permits for the most popular Atlantic Ocean beaches, and dogs are welcome to join you for a walk, run, or romp before 9am and after 6pm.
This year East Hampton Town is, once again, selling Non-Resident Beach Parking Permits – we were first in line to buy them for our guests – so there is also a wide array of dog-friendly ocean, bay, and harbor beaches for you to explore with or without a dog (or two) any time of day.
As of May 15th, Beach Parking Permits are required, so please ask our Personal Assistants for the appropriate permits for your day’s adventure – and be sure to return them at the end of your stay to avoid a steep fine. We also have beach towels, chairs, umbrellas, and coolers (sanitized between each use) available on request for your beach or picnic adventures.
At this time our entire staff has had at least their first vaccination shot and they will all be fully vaccinated (including two weeks after their final shot) by the end of May. We are heartened to find that most of our guests have been vaccinated as well, as that makes everything a bit more comfortable.
Of course, we have not let up on our COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- Our cleaning and sanitizing protocols have not been relaxed
- The lobby, guest restrooms, and common areas are cleaned constantly
- We use an electrostatic sprayer and approved chemicals for sanitizing the guest rooms before and after staff cleans a room during an extended stay and between stays
- Laundry is washed in water hot enough to kill COVID (149 degrees for at least 3 minutes)
- We have not re-opened our Dining Room or Snack Bar but continue to deliver breakfast Picnic-Style by pre-order reservation at 15-minute intervals between 8:30 and 11 am, and we offer cookies, local potato chips, popped-to-order popcorn, and brewed-to-order coffee & tea on request throughout the day
- Please leave garbage and dirty towels & linens outside your room and call us for removal/replacement
- We change all air filters constantly and strive to provide adequate ventilation throughout the facilities at all times
- We constantly monitor and follow the New York State Travel Guidelines
- At this time there are no quarantine requirements for asymptomatic domestic travelers
- For international travelers we request proof of full vaccination, and will abide by the current Federal and State guidelines both at booking and at arrival – but will work with you to rebook your reservations should they be disrupted by regulations beyond our control
- All travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form
- Individuals should continue strict adherence to all safety guidelines to stop the spread – wearing masks, social distancing, and avoiding gatherings
- Although the CDC has relaxed their mask and social distancing recommendations for those who have been fully vaccinated, we are still abiding by the New York State and East Hampton Village & Town mandates:
- Please continue to wear masks in our common areas and on the grounds if you are with 6 feet of guests other than your immediate party, even if you are fully vaccinated
- For those guests who can show proof of being fully vaccinated, we will make accommodating arrangements for housekeeping service on an individual basis
- Please follow the protocols of local businesses regarding masks and social distancing
With the warmer spring weather, most of our local restaurants have reinstated their outdoor dining as well as continuing their very popular take-out service. What could be better than to have your dinner catered by one of our world-class restaurants, and to enjoy it in the comfort of your spacious suite, private balcony, or on a picnic table in our Rose Garden?
Most of the local business including restaurants, bars, shops, galleries, museums, wineries, farm stands & farmers markets, and even theaters & music venues have reopened, but please respect their individual COVID-19 Policies. Our Personal Assistants will be happy to help you with reservations and to prepare you for any restrictions.
Beaches, boating, fishing, hiking, bicycle rentals, surfing, star-gazing, and other outdoor activities are all available, and our Personal Assistants are ready to help you with your plans!